When transporting students to and from New Jerusalem School by private car on any authorized trip, the following rules and regulations must always be obeyed:
- The driver must observe all traffic regulations of the California Vehicle Code.
- The number of occupants in any vehicle must conform to the number of seat belts.
- Board policy requires proof of insurance and a driver’s license for any private automobile/driver, which will be part of a field trip. If you are going to drive students on a trip, the office must have on file: 1) a signed form acknowledging private transportation regulations, 2) a copy of your driver’s license, and 3) an insurance policy for an individual or group of $500,000.00 general liability insurance coverage. The insurance policy must name the insurance carrier, the covered party or insured individual, and all policies must be dated.
- Transportation of youngsters in dune buggies, motorcycles, go-carts, tractors, lawn mowers or riding in the back of pick-ups is not permitted.
- Any vehicle employed for student transportation must be in good working condition. Special attention shall be given to the safety of the students.
- The Superintendent and Principal must authorize any and all trips.
Permission Form: Parents must give written permission for their children to be transported to any school-sponsored event off the school grounds.